Friday, December 24, 2004

Some validation for my "blogging is only a tool" credo

I've blogged about this many times.

Here.
And here.
And here.
And here.
And here.
And here.
And here.

Now Anne Stanton from the Norwich Group spends some of her blog bandwidth discussing the very same declaration. her approach is a tad different than mine. I ten to say blogging is a tool to perform Functions x, y or z. She's saying blogging is a tool to accomplish goals a,b or c.

What am I talking about?

Well, I say blogging is a marketing tool, or a project mgmt. tool, or a PR tool, or a customer service tool.

She says blogging is a tool to differentiate yourself from your competition (falls under marketing) or to establish industry expertise (also marketing) or to communicate with email-wary customers (falls under customer service.)

But it appears to me that we are both saying the same thing: there is no goal for or purpose to a blog that is a revolutionary goal or purpose. This is a very efficient and economical and evolutionary tool that shouldn't scare anyone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?