Saturday, February 18, 2006

Another Tale of Two Customer Service Experiences

All my public whining about Technorati spamming me with massive amounts of duplicate items in my RSS reader every day has gotten response from non-Technorati folks, on and off-blog, but not from Technorati themselves.

This means that either:

a) they don't have ego-feeds and aren't even aware of how they're spamming a user.
b) they know there's a problem, but have no solution, and were taught by their mother: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
c) they know they're spamming me, but I'm not important enough to care about.

I'm realizing now that I maybe should have brought this up last night when I was chatting with Tantek from T'rati, but somehow I just don't consider tech support issues to be good small talk.

Let's compare and contrast, shall we, with a problem I had yesterday with my RSS reader, NetNewsWire.

First let's point out: this was a user problem. I accidentally deleted a folder full of feeds. You can read the whole sad tale of how over-multi-tasking has dire consequences for about 70 feeds here. You can also read how within 12 hours Brent Simmons from NetNewsWire had posted a comment with the fix for my problem. And the fix worked, first try. You might also notice that I didn't even link to Net NewsWire in that post, so clearly he's got ego-feeds going for the key word, not just the URL.

Let's point out again: it was my user error they helped me fix, not a case where they are repeatedly spamming me.

Yes, I have met Brent one time at a post-Syndicate cocktail party. Not sure if he even knows that he has met me. He just saw a cry for help and answered it.

So, if you would like to try a desktop RSS aggregator, I can not only recommend NetNewsWire as an applicaiton, but as an entire product, which includes the level of service they provide.

That's the kind of thing that turns a customer into an evangelist!

Comments:
Good customers are like gold to your business. Treat them well and they will boost your company's bottom line with their referrals and recommendations.
Small Business Answering service
 
It highly recommended that you will treat your customers like a king because whether you like it or not they are the only one how could help your business to grow.

BPO Services Philippines

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?