Monday, December 27, 2004

Tracking blogs like any other P.R.

From MarketingVox: Bacon's has announced it will start tracking blogs for its clients, along with all of the other PR sources they track.

Not a moment too soon.

I have written before that any reasonable company and business owner should be paying attention to what kind of information is out there on the Internet about them. I have Google Alerts and feeds from BlogDigger, PubSub and the like on both my name and my company name.

That is how I found this blog post mentioning me and my company yesterday. I had commented on the blog, and sure, I might have eventually gone back to see if any further comments had been written, but with the alerts I have in place, I instead found that Anne Stanton, blogger and President of the Norwich Group had written a post about my comment and the benefit of meeting like minds via blogs.

But, it's not just all warm and fuzzy out there in the virtual world of Internet sites, blogs, use groups and the like. This NY Times [reg. req'd.] article about "Determined Detractors" presents the flip-side: finding out who's dissing you, letting you potentially nip it in the bud.

So, good for Bacon's. And if you're already tracking your own web presence, good for you too.

Comments:
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?