Thursday, October 01, 2009

"I am a Technical Woman"

Here are my two seconds of fame! Can you spot me in this fun video from the Anita Borg Institute:



The Institute announced their largest ever, sold-out attendance at this week's Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing...over 1,600 people!

Last year I was struck by the diversity of thee (mostly) women...across many dimensions. I believe the ABI, like BlogHer, makes it very difficult for anyone...whether organizing a speaking roster or compiling a "top" list...to say that there aren't any qualified women, or they don't know where to find them.

I know the ABI, like we at BlogHer, are happy to help you diversify your offerings with amazing, competent, qualified, expert women across all sorts of fields and subject matter areas.

The video is just a fun, short little thing...but take its point

Full Disclosure: I am on the Board of Advisors for the Institute.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?