Sunday, September 02, 2007

Some very practical advice on public speaking

From BlogHer buddy Lisa Williams.

She has salient words of wisdom for before, during and after your speaking engagement.

I would only add one thing (and really it's just expanding on one of her points.)

It seems quite fashionable now for conference organizers to leave speakers to their own devices, in the name of interactivity or spontaneity or something. But I always push to have an organizer tell me what they expect, what they hope for, and most importantly: what do they know about their attendees.

It's possible they won't know much, but I always ask, and i always try to understand why the session I'm participating in was included on the schedule. There's usually a reason, and I'd like to know it.

But anyway, go read Lisa's post, it's very smart :)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?