Thursday, April 27, 2006

Guy Kawasaki writes tech-rotica for marketers

OK tech marketers: Read this list of the Top 10 Lies Told By Engineers by Guy Kawasaki, and tell me you don't feel a little swoony.

Yes, even guy marketers...don't you fell like Guy gets you...he really, really gets you?

I have written about this a time or two before. Sometimes, and I know this will shock you, I even get a little snarky about it.

But snark aside, Guy nails it. I have heard every one of these lies. And more. Yes, "lies" is a strong word, and sometimes, to be fair, they don't even realize they're lying.

Oh and, yes, marketers end up telling lies...as do service reps, sales guys and executives. But for a brief shining moment Guy's post shone the spotlight on a group of folks who are usually only lionized by tech-ophiliac Silicon Valley.

I gotta go smoke a cigarette.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?