Thursday, January 05, 2006

At last...my desktop is complete again.

OK, that's a really obscure musical theatre reference...enjoy, all 2 of you who get it.

So, I've changed my email forwarding so that workerbees emails come to my desktop app via Gmail, rather than .Mac.

It is pathetic that I pay $100/annum for .Mac service, and my only option for addressing a catastrophic service failure is to submit an online form. Oh, but they promise that they'll try to get back to me within 24 hours.

If all I used them for was email I would cancel the service right now.

But they also host my personal blog and my personal Photo Albums. I could certainly migrate to using Flickr full-time. I could certainly explore taking on hosting of the blog through my workerbees host. But the thought of migrating kills me.

Sigh. Why does every service provider, application and tool for the computer, whether online or not, eventually let us down?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?