Saturday, April 09, 2005

A truly inspiring new client: Peninsula Community Foundation

I spent much of Friday morning at the Peninsula Community Foundation, a local charitable organization.

They're celebrating their 40th anniversary and looking to tell some of their most compelling success stories from the last 40 years to commemorate the milestone.

The meetings reminded me why I started our Worker Bees focusing on non-profits and arts organizations: you feel good helping organizations do good. (And, yes, I think theatres contribute to a community...defining its culture, perhaps even its soul.)

The PCF project is going to take some weeks, and I really can't tell the stories until they're done, but I can tell it's going to be very satisfying working on the project.

Check out their site. They're doing a lot of fascinating work...and they're involving donors in new ways. The Center for Venture Philanthropy, in particular, has an approach that is innovative...getting donors involved in a more hands on way than writing a check.

Pretty cool stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?