Wednesday, April 13, 2005

This week's extended Silicon Veggie column for the Santa Cruz Metro

Sometimes I take the column I write for Silicon Valley and extend it for Santa Cruz, and that's what I tried to do for last week. BUt different regions do have different goals sometimes.

Last week's column for Silicon Valley was about a San Francisco restaurant.

If you read the San Jose Merc you know that they run pretty far afield when reviewing everything from restaurants to theatre. I actually do get annoyed when they review yet another little theatre in SF or Berkeley and ignore good theatre going on in San Jose or on the Peninsula. But it's definitely a fact of life at the Merc.

I have to confess I don't really read the Metro very often, so I think they do stay closer to home. Nonetheless, the SV edition didn't mind my trip to the City.

Santa Cruz on the other hand didn't like it and wouldn't run it. (Granted, it does probably take another half hour to get to the City from Santa Cruz.) So I re-spun my article completely. Rather than raving about a particular restaurant I took all the attributes that made me rave about the restaurant and turned it into a tutorial for non-vegetarian restaurants on how to properly tend to their vegetarian patrons.

Here it is.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?