Saturday, March 05, 2005

Inaugural 10 Tips for 10 Million Women...I'm up in 2 weeks

Kirsten Osolind at re:invention Consulting is my kind of woman.

She brings up serious issues for women business people and entrepreneurs. She believes strongly in womentorship and creating a strong old gal's network, but she's not above having a link to the "Shoe of the Week" on her site and above telling some women to take a chill pill occasionally.

She has started a new weekly feature on her blog, scheduled to be a Saturday post:

10 Tips for 10 Million Women

Each week a woman entrepreneur will provide her 10 tips for starting and running a business.

The inaugural 10 Tips for 10 Million Women features Yvonne DiVita author of perhaps the best-titled marketing book around: Dickless Marketing: Smart Marketing to Women Online.

I had the pleasure of meeting Yvonne in January at the NewComm Forum in Napa. We had a great time talking the first evening of the conference. One of those wonderful putting a face with a name events.

I've already turned in my contribution to the 10 Tips series, and it will run in 2 weeks, on 3/19/05.

Yvonne's 10 Tips are great, and I only see one little tip where we knock heads a bit: it's in her tip #4 about referrals (vs. "networking".) First, I think I define networking a little differently than Yvonne's definition. Second, I think referrals are great, once you have a base of clients to work for the referrals. But what if you're just starting and looking for a little visibility? Don't get me wrong, I've gotten clients through referrals, no doubt about it. But I also see the value of networking for getting your name/face in front of a different crowd that you might never meet via referrals alone.

But, you'll just have to read my 10 Tips in 2 weeks to really compare our two philosophies.

Bookmark or subscribe to the re:invention blog, and you'll get a treat...especially every Saturday!

Stay tuned for the Worker Bees 10 Tips on March 19th.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?