Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Great c|net Mention: One Point of Clarification

Welcome c|net readers.

I was not personally interviewed for the article. The c|net writer may have found info on me from profiles done of my business on both about.com and vault.com.

I appreciate the mention and the traffic.

I do feel I should make one point of clarification, though:

It is true that I have leveraged blogging to make a living. I leveraged the blog to land my column in the Metro. I do get paid to blog for some local theatre companies, including 42nd St. Moon and Foothill Music Theatre. I have other paid enterprise blogging gigs about to be launched as well.

The gig blogging for the Santa Clara County Democratic Party, however, is a volunteer gig. I am a political activist and have maintained that blog with professional standards, but volunteer compensation :)

Thanks for coming by. Feel free to browse around or visit any of my other Worker Bees blogs listed in the side bar.

Comments:
First of all, congrats on the mention! So glad to know that I'm the first to cover your blogging career. :) Now, I get to see your name mentioned in other blogs --- and publications. ;)

Anyway, yes, I did notice the discrepancy and was surprised to know that you were not interviewed for this directly. It's funny how information lifted off other people's work are:

1) Not "copied" correctly.
2) Not given reference to as a source. :p
 
I know what oyu mean, Shai. And it's not even the first time it's happened to you with the profile of me alone. Check out this earlier post:
http://workerbeesblog.blogspot.com/2005/01/just-one-little-clarification.html

So, if two people have already found that single article you wrote worthy of expanding upon, imagine how many other examples are out there!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?