Friday, January 07, 2005

UPDATED: I might need to return to my former cult

UPDATE BELOW
--------------
Before I got my beloved Audi in a fit of car-envy, I was a member of the cult of Saturn.

It was the first new car I'd ever bought. The first car I ever had that I actually took care of, bringing in for all the appropriate services at all the appropriate times. And it treated me well...never breaking down, never getting so much as a flat tire...for 5 years.

Well, my Audi lease is up in June, and much as I love it, and have thought that the only thing that might tear me from my great Audi experience would be a hybrid car, Saturn is actually giving me a reason to return to their cult.

They've started a blog!

Good things they're doing with the blog:

-An executive is actually writing some of the content.
-They're allowing comments and publishing trackbacks.
-They provide RSS and Atom feeds, along with links to subscribe in Bloglines.

I'm impressed, and I'll say it again: if you're running a company, particularly a consumer-oriented one, when are you starting a blog?

------------------

UPDATE: Well, we know the NY Times isn't quite hip to the blog phenomenon now. An entire article about how Saturn is trying to recover, and not one word about their innovative marketing tactic...using a blog to foster a closer relationship with their customers and[possibly reach younger customers.

Tsk. Tsk.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?