Friday, July 30, 2004

Let the Marketing Bashing Begin!

An element of last week's BlogOn Conference that I didn't mention in my basic recaps was the subtle scent of marketing-bashing in the air.

Here is the most egregious examples:

One of the panelists called "forcing the customer to behave as you want them to" as the classic marketing approach!

When it comes to the world of high-tech I'd say the classic marketing approach is to try to force Engineering to do what Marketing thinks the customer wants! Now do we always prognosticate correctly about what the customer wants? Not always.

But I've heard more engineers say: "well, why can't the customer just do xxx?" Or: "well, it's much better to do xxx, just tell the customer that."

And I've never heard a Marketing person come up with that!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?