Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Presenting on blogs to my marketing networking group

Last week I gave a presentation to a networking group to which I belong, all sales & marketing folks.

While I had been espousing my blogging beliefs for some time in the group, there was finally some critical mass of members who were hearing about it all over the place and wanted to learn more.

Here was the agenda of my presentation:

1. What are blogs?

2. Blogs vs. web sites
In other words, what's the difference between the two and why would you do one on top of the other?

3. Blog applications
I covered blogging for personal reasons, career search reasons, publishing reasons and marketing reasons (my favorite app of course.)

4. Why blog?
To me it's about engaging your audience or customer or whoever on a different level

5. What are the tools?
I covered applications for blogging, enabling commenting and site tracking

I then offered examples of all sorts of blogs out there, including my own of course.

I think everyone was intrigued, and I imagine there will be a few more blogs out there within the next couple of weeks.

If you'd like this same blogging intro presented to your group, contact me at elisa@workerbees.biz or call me at 408-504-5708

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?